Thursday, June 26, 2008

Costa Rica - Day 4

DAY 4! Quite fun. We all woke up at the crack of dawn (4:30), got dressed and headed out the door and on the road by 5am. We were all very tired and groggy. The drive was 2 and half hours long, and so we were able to see alot of Costa Rica. It was a super nice day. Really really sunny. Too bad we werent going to the beach,though..nope..we were headed to the zip lines!!!!!! Im not going to lie..the drive wasnt half bad but the other half was. We ended up driving for an hour on the bumpiest road in all the world, i kid you not. I don't get motion sickness at all, but i really thought i was going to vomit everywhere. We were all getting kinda pissed. Now looking back on it, it makes me laugh and makes the even more memorable. We also hit a really huge speed bump on the way, that got all of us in the back air born and slammed little michele into the roof of the car. HAHAHAHAHA. She was in the very back asleep when it happened and we were all pretty sure it knocked her out. FINALLY we arrived out our destination. We got all strapped up in our gear, played with the peoples dog (who's eyes are like erics), and headed up the mountain. We followed the guides behind in our car, then stopped half way and hopped into the back of a truck with everyone else. That was a bumpy ride too. The zip lines were so fun! Eric and I got to go together once and we went really fast. At the end of the zip lines we hiked down to a water fall and swam in it. The water was reallybrown ,but we were so sweaty it felt great to jump in. After that we finished one more line and rode back to our car and went home. I guess i don't make it sound as fun as it really was. The drive back home sucked just as much as the way there. When we got back to our place we all passed out for a couple hours, then went and ate and passed out for the night. We were beat. It was a perfect day.. and we got to eat at Burger King for lunch, which made it so much better. Anyways the concludes day 4!

i look hot in my helmet, i know!
i look hot with sweaty bangs, i know!
walking back from the waterfall!
The first zip line of the day!
aww!
People playing in the waterfall.
Eric and I in the water..
Kathleen and Michele getting strapped up.

the Cute puppy with Erics eyeballs!
Michele and Kathleen!
The Cannons!
Our crew!

My Boyfriend sending me off on my first zip line ride EVER!

1 comment:

Jamiliajean said...

Looks fun, and that dog really does have Eric's eyes. We leave for Canada today and I just wanted you to know that Lily misses you and says,"I want Costa Eeka!"...I think thats a mixture of I want to go to Costa Rica and I want Eeka? Love ya.