Monday, June 23, 2008

Costa Rica - Day 1

ok So Eric and I have had some trouble with this dumb blog. Bare with us as we try to learn how to use it. We would have posted more pics last night but we were getting too frustrated. So...heres a re-cap of our day yesterday. We woke up early. At least i did..i couldnt wait to see what Costa Rica looked like in the sunlight. It is beautiful. It reminds me of a more junglier Hawaii. It was really sunny and hot. PERFECT! if you ask me. Around 10am Eric, Clark, Cade, Michele and I made a trip to the only little super market open on Sunday to pick up a few things to eat. Kathleen wanted to stay back and walk up and down the beach. Anyway it was pretty cute..(the super market)..VERY HOT inside and everything had dust on it. haha. At least you could still buy cereal and milk. Thats all i need to survive a week. :)We then came back to our condo and swam in the pool in the back yard. The Pool is so nice! i'm obsessed. Anyway..the boys tried blowing up our kayak but that was unsuccessful. Later in the day we made our way over to Playa Flamingo (a beach) where we laid out and boogie boarded. It Was SOOOOOOOOOOOO fun. The water was so warm. Me and Eric started getting carried away and i ended up riding on his back..on the boogie board...into shore. Funny Funny Stuff! We ate that night at some restaurant thing on the beach. It was ghetto but nice at the same time. They set us out so we were all facing the water but we couldnt see it cause it was too dark. Then we were visited by a stray dog, then a stray cat. ..Which i fed bread and then got yelled at for. It was just chillin under our table with big huge Lily eyes. I couldnt resist. Before and after we ate our meal a lady came around with a bowl with water and hibiscus flowers and made us all wash our hands..then she would wipe them off for us. It was kinda wierd. Then she gave us girls flowers for our hair ....so it seemed nice but the food sucked. :( oh Well. Then we came home and went to bed. It was a really great first day. I loved it. It thunder stormed all night which kinda scared me but its expected since its the rainy season. <3>
this was last nights sunset
Us at the wierd/sucky restuarant

eric catching a sick wave, bra!
After we ate. I look tattered and torn!
This is where we are staying and this is the backyard.
Cade.

The cat who joined us for dinner. I think he's eating a crab.


My precious Eric and I after attempting the kyak.





Getting our Tan on!

Pool TIME!








Yes, these are our manly husbands!





The grocery store.








Michele and I (my fav pic)






View from the balcony!

























3 comments:

cat+tadd=sam said...

I'm so freaking jealous of you! Ali tells me you weren't thrilled about going, I about died! I love Erie's little shorts, I want Tadd to wear those, supa hot! Also, you're beautiful!

Megan said...

Jealous!!!! Yup, definitely I am jealous that you are in Costa and I am sitting here at my work desk, bored out of my freaking mind!!! You girls look cute, rocking out in your little swimsuits. Eric, on the other hand, I don't have any words to describe his ensamble. Have fun guys!!!!

Alexis Treese said...

Just discovered your blog...yay! Do you blog just to make the rest of us jealous? if so mission accomplished. It looks like sooooo much fun. Hope to see you guys soon.